Annapurna Base Camp Trekking makes one of the most sought after trekking trips in the Himalayas of Nepal. This adventure takes you deeper into the Annapurna Sanctuary and you find yourself standing amidst the towering snow-capped mountains.
During this trekking adventure, you follow the well-trodden trail along the Modi Khola valley and through several beautiful cultural villages. Peaceful yet adventure trek, Annapurna base camp trekking brings you quite unbelievable views of the Himalayas and other beautiful landscape to your sight. As you walk deeper and higher into the sanctuary, you feel the majestic power of the mountains.
This amazing Himalayan adventure is a wonderful experience of mountain cultures, beautiful scenery and breathtaking Himalayan view. Serenity of the mountains, abundance of peaceful energy and sweating trekking adventure make this trip a wonderful memory of life time. Annapurna Base Camp Trekkin can be your next ideal adventure trip to make your life full of awesome memories.
- Beautiful trekking experience in the popular Annapurna region
- Spectacular sunrise and Himalayan panorama from Poonhill
- Amazing feeling of reaching the Annapurna Base Camp
- Close up encounters with the mountain peaks
- Pokhara sightseeing tour
- Cultural sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 02:Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour – B
- Day 03:Kathmandu – Pokhara 900m - B
- Day 04:Pokhara – Tikhedhunga – B.L.D
- Day 05:Tikhedhunga – Ghorepani 3,210m – B.L.D
- Day 06:Ghorepani – Tadapani 2,710m – B.L.D
- Day 07:Tadapani - Chhomrong 2,040m - B.L.D
- Day 08:Chhomrong - Dovan 2,580m – B.L.D
- Day 09:Dovan - Deurali 3,290m – B.L.D
- Day 10:Deurali - Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m –B.L.D
- Day 11:Annapurna Base Camp - Bamboo 2,500m – B.L.D
- Day 12:Bamboo - Jhinu 1,500m – B.L.D
- Day 13:Jhinu – Nayapul - Pokhara – B.L
- Day 14:Pokhara – Kathmandu 1400m - B
- Day 15:Departure Day – B
- Pick up and drop off service on your arrival and departure flights
- All accommodations on twin sharing basis
- All major meals during the trek, breakfasts in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Three cups of tea a day on the trekking days
- A professional trekking and necessary number of number of supporting crew members
- All necessary permits for the trekking
- Down jacket, sleeping bag, duffel bag
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Any kind of drinks in Kathmandu and trekking area (Except three cups of tea a day on the trek)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Any other personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide, porters and driver (Not mandatory but expected as customary thank you for the service)
- Any other expenses caused by some unforeseen and uncontrollable situations that may arise during the trip
- Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)It is the first day of trip and your arrival day in Kathmandu Nepal. When you land at the airport in Kathmandu and come out at the arrival lounge, our company representative will welcome you with a warm smile. Then, we will drive you to the trip hotel where you can spend relaxing time. We will have a meeting in the evening to talk about the trip in details.
- Day 2Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour – BAfter you take your breakfast, a beautiful day sightseeing tour of heritage monuments in Kathmandu valley is due today. Visit Swoyambhunath – the monkey temple; Patan Durbar Square – the medieval palace square; Pashupatinath – the open cremation ground for Hindus; and Boudhanath – the biggest Buddhist stupa.
- Day 3Kathmandu – Pokhara 900m - BTake your breakfast early and check out the hotel to travel to Pokhara today. We will drive to 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu to reach Pokhara, a charmingly beautiful city. About seven hours of drive will let us absorb the beauty of the Nepali rural settings. There will be a break on the way for the lunch. On reaching Pokhara and checking into our hotel, we will have some time to explore around the town on the lake side.
- Day 4Pokhara – Tikhedhunga – B.L.DEarly morning drive for one and half hours to Nayapul On reaching Nayapul, the trekking crew will organize your luggage to carry on their back and we formally start our first day of trekking towards the Annapurna base camp. Trek along the bank of Modi Kholaand head towards Birethanti and towards Tikhedhunga thereafter. The walk today is actually on a dirt road. After about 5 hours with the lunch break, you reach Tikhedhunga, a small but beautiful place on the foothills, to spend the night today.
- Day 5Tikhedhunga – Ghorepani 3,210m – B.L.DThe very first half of the trekking today is a steep uphill walk for about 2 hours on nicely paved stone steps up to the village of Ulleri. The snow-capped Himalayan peak peeking from between green mountains will make your early morning uphill trekking effort worthy. After a short but deserved break, start trekking further up towards Ghorepani. Walk through a forested area mostly of the rhododendron trees and head towards the destination of the day. Reach Ghorepani to be welcomed by fresh breeze blowing from the high Himalayas and stunning view of the Himalaya on a clear day.
- Day 6Ghorepani – Tadapani 2,710m – B.L.DWake up early for a rewarding hike to Poonhill this morning to enjoy panoramic view of the Himalaya and a spectacular sunrise over them. Sip your cup of tea and be enthralled by the incredibility of the mountains from the top of Poonhill. Later, hike back down to Ghorepani; take breakfast and get ready to start the trek to Tadapani. The first part of the trek takes you uphill almost to the height of Poonhill on the other mountain just opposite to it and then the trek descends for the lunch break of the day. After lunch walk further down just to go for another short step walking uphill to Tadapani.
- Day 7Tadapani - Chhomrong 2,040m - B.L.DIn the morning, enjoy your breakfast with the view of Annapurna South, Fishtail and Hiunchuli peaks. After breakfast, trek through the steep downhill trail, passing through tiny settlements and rhododendron forest. After crossing a river on a suspension bridge, walk fairly gradual uphill to Gurjung that is populated by the Gurung people. Then we walk some more uphill and easy gradual trail to Chhomrong.
Overnight at lodge.
- Day 8Chhomrong - Dovan 2,580m – B.L.DAfter breakfast in the morning, walk downhill to the Chhomrong stream and trek up to Khuldighar (2380m) and head towards Sinuwa. Now, the trail becomes a bit tougher through the rocky slope to a place called Bamboo. The destination for today, Dovan, is another few hours of effort on the trail towards Annapurna Base Camp.
Overnight at lodge.
- Day 9Dovan - Deurali 3,290m – B.L.DThe trek enters into the high altitude range, so the walking in leisurely pace is always a wise action. You have to be careful to avoid the altitude sickness; should take in enough water to prevent from dehydration. Again the trek goes through the rhododendron and bamboo forest along with the view of waterfalls. After about 4 hours of amazing mountain walk, you reach Deurali for overnight stay closer to Machhapuchhre base camp.
- Day 10Deurali - Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m –B.L.DStart the trek early today towards the top and highest point of the trek that is Annapurna Base camp. On the way, you walk past Machapuchare Base Camp (MBC) that is located at 3700m. Keep your walk on an easy pace so as to acclimatize with the increasing altitude. The Annapurna base camp or Annapurna sanctuary boasts an undisturbed Himalayan attraction around. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 11Annapurna Base Camp - Bamboo 2,500m – B.L.DEarly in the morning, enjoy the sunrise over the snowcapped Himalayan peaks. Hike to the sunrise point above the base camp. You can see the memorial Stupas and prayer flags around there along with glacier. You can also see the panoramic views of the Himalayas. The place looks like a little heaven. Later, hike down to lodge for breakfast before starting on the trek back down to Bamboo for overnight stay.
Overnight at lodge.
- Day 12Bamboo - Jhinu 1,500m – B.L.DFrom Bamboo, walk back to Chomrong down the same trail that you used to trek to the Annapurna Base Camp a few days earlier. You will trek all the way down to Jhinu Danda, which is a nice place to spend an overnight. You can enjoy the natural hot spring bath there, located on the edge of the glacial river that is 20 minutes’ walk down from the lodge.
Overnight at lodge.
- Day 13Jhinu – Nayapul - Pokhara – B.LFrom Jhinu, follow the ridge above the Modi Khola on its right bank to finish the last day of trek. It is an easy day of walk as the trail doesn’t traverse as steeply as the other days. You can see beautiful waterfalls, green farming terraces and bee hives hanging on cliff. You pass various tiny villages on your trek before reaching Nayapul. Once you reach Nayapul, you take a drive back to Pokhara and enjoy the evening in the lake city.
Overnight at hotel.
- Day 14Pokhara – Kathmandu 1400m - BTake a drive back to Kathmandu on the same highway you took to go to Pokhara earlier. Another six hours on the highway will give you time to observe the villages and towns on the way from a different angle. After reaching Kathmandu and checking into hotel, you will have some free time to wander around the streets of Thamel.
- Day 15Departure Day – BWe will drive you to airport for the departure flight three prior to your flight schedule.
It was an memorable trip to us, everything is well organized and there always has a follow-up. There’s a car to pick up us in the hotel and send us back after the trekking. The guide named Raju can speak good English, patient enough to explain the trekking to us in advance. He was very nice and supportive during the trip, we felt confortable all the time.
I should mention that the restrooms in the mountain are clear than we expected, no bad smells. The pricing of the food is reasonable. All that makes this trip memorable and satisfied.
Feel free to contact us to customize your trip.